Coming to Toronto in 2018!
Get started with
Welcome to The Well
Toronto’s first real mixed-use community in the heart of the city’s west end, where you can live, work and shop with creativity and purpose.
Stretching for 7.8 acres down the western side of Spadina Avenue from Wellington to Front, this urban hub combines sustainability-focused office space, an expansive retail environment and a variety of housing options to give Toronto dwellers a uniquely inclusive living experience.
At The Well, homes, flexible office space and retail shops come together to create a new and entirely unique community in the heart of the city. International brands, authentic cuisine and entrepreneurial minds unite in one integrated, intimate place, making it easy to live, work and play in harmony. This is the future of Toronto living.
The Well is ideally situated for engaging in all aspects of Toronto living. It’s flanked by green space, including quaint neighbourhood parks and the proposed 21-acre Rail Deck Park, and is also walking distance to the bustling Financial and Entertainment Districts. To reach other areas of the city, occupants can utilize the area’s exceptional public transit infrastructure including access to both subways lines (via the Spadina streetcar) and a direct Smart Track/GO station connection that’s proposed just steps from the site.
HIGHLY POPULATED NEIGHBOURHOOD
- There are ~17,000 people within a 500 m radius of The Well, ~48,600 people within a 1 km radius and ~239,100 people within a 3 km radius
- The population density of the area within a 500 m radius of The Well is 21,700 people per km2, approximately 4.8x the population density of the City of Toronto
HEALTHY AND GROWING HOUSEHOLD INCOME
- The average household income of the surrounding area of The Well is $98,048 and in line with the City of Toronto average
- By 2026, the average household income of the area surrounding The Well is forecast to surpass that of the City of Toronto
MORE THAN 70,000 PEOPLE PER DAY
- The 510 Spadina streetcar and the 509 Harbourfront collectively transport ~55,550 people per business day
- A total of ~22,600 cars and ~7,100 pedestrians pass through the intersection of Spadina Avenue and Front Street West during an 8 hour period
A YOUNG LABOUR FORCE
- Currently, people aged between 25 and 34 represent 31% of the population (the largest subset)
- By 2026, people aged between 25 and 34 are expected to remain as the largest proportion of the surrounding population
AN EDUCATED LABOUR FORCE
- 64% of the surrounding population have attained a university education, at a minimum
- The proportion of the surrounding population who have attained a university education, at a minimum, is expected to remain at or above ~60% for the next 10 years
SURROUNDED BY THE RIGHT INDUSTRIES
- The primary industries of employment within a 1 km radius of The Well and a 3 km radius are Professional, Scientific and Technical Services, and Finance & Insurance
- These industries are predominately the largest users of office space
|Project Name||The Well|
444 Front St W, Toronto
|Developer||RioCan, Diamondcorp and Allied Properties|
|Architect||Hariri Pontarini Architects|
|Type||Shops, offices and residences|
|Storeys||36, 44, 38, 21, 15, 15, 13|
Rio Can REIT
Founded in 1993, RioCan REIT is Canada’s largest real estate investment trust primarily focused on retail. The company’s core strategy is anchored around ownership and management of a diverse national retail portfolio. It includes community-oriented shopping centres, new format power centres and a rapidly expanding collection of mixed-use communities in Canada’s six major markets.
Allied Properties REIT
As a leading owner, manager and developer of urban office environments, Allied Properties REIT is known for improving work experience and boosting profitability for business tenants in Canada’s major cities. Its objectives are to provide stable, growing cash distributions to unit holders and to maximize their value through superior management and accretive portfolio growth.
Diamond Corp. is a Toronto-based real estate development company with a strong commitment to building high-quality, award-winning residential and mixed-use projects. Diamond Corp. has established itself as a leader in the development industry in the Greater Toronto Area, and is dedicated to innovative city building rooted in a legacy and tradition of quality and innovation.
Tridel is Canada’s leading developer and builder of condominium residences with more than 80 years of home building experience. To date, the Tridel Group of Companies is responsible for producing over 80,000 homes. Tridel is determined to develop condominium communities that meet the needs of today’s homeowners while safeguarding the well-being of future generations. The company is working to meet this goal by focusing on innovation including social networking, environmentally sustainable design, performance in construction and corporate stewardship.
Tridel is deeply committed to building the highest quality condominiums possible and has won virtually every award in the industry for design, customer service, sales, marketing and construction excellence. Tridel looks forward to continue the long, proud history of award winning excellence with over 20 new condominium communities currently under development in the Greater Toronto Area.
Sotheby’s International Realty
An expert can help you create the most value from your real estate investment. Sotheby’s International Realty Canada provides homebuyers with expert advice, accurate market and property information, prompt access to coveted properties and the highest level of service and discretion. Our associates offer in-depth knowledge of your local real estate market and developments with the best potential return-on-investment, to insight into the properties and neighbourhoods that best match your life stage and lifestyle. We commit to providing you with confidential, knowledgeable and responsive service.
Our Platinum VIP Agents
Developer Approved – Guaranteed Allocation
Our Guarantees & Special Discounts for Registered Clients
Deal with Developer Approved Platinum Brokers
- PLATINUM VIP Pricing & Incentives
- CAPPED Development Charges & Levies
- Reduced Assignment Clause
- PLATINUM First Access - Best Selection & Prices
- FREE Lawyer Review of Purchase Agreement
- FREE Rental Services for the First Year of Ownership
- PLATINUM VIP Priority Unit Allocation
- PLUS MORE…